The Electronics Zone is designed for electronics prototyping, assembly, test, and repair. Two standing workstations are each equipped with a power supply, multimeter, soldering station, fume extractor, solder dispenser, and basic hand tools. Shared resources include a digital storage oscilloscope, hot air rework station, solder reflow oven, prototyping breadboards, and desoldering tools.
A wide variety of donated and scavenged parts are available for member use at no charge. Additional materials are available through the Knox Makers Electronics Store at low cost.
The Electronics Zone is maintained by Electronics Czar issac.
- Extech EX330 autoranging digital multimeter, 12-function, with non-contact Voltage detector and temperature functions; users' manual
- Hakko FX-888D digital soldering station, 70W; users' manual
- Aoyue 486 smoke absorber
- Rigol DS1052E digital oscilloscope, dual 50MHz channels; users' manual
- GW Instek SFG-1013 function generator, sine, square, triangle, 0.1Hz-3MHz; users' manual
- T-962 infrared IC heater, 800W infrared solder reflow oven
- BlackJack Solderwerks BK4050, 500W hot air station with suction pen and mechanical arm, 100-480C, 23 L/min; users' manual
- QW-MS3010D DC power supply, constant voltage / constant current, 30V 10A
- Soar Corp 7202 DC power supply, 2x DC20V/2A, 1x DC5V/3A